AutomationDirect Customer Forum  

Welcome to the AutomationDirect Customer Forums.
These forums are intended as a place for AutomationDirect customers to help one another, share information, and share ideas.
The forums are not routinely monitored by AutomationDirect Technical Support staff. While staff members may answer questions occasionally, for a prompt response to a problem please contact Technical Support directly at: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 or e-mail Tech Support.

For product questions, start here: Online Manuals and Product Inserts

Go Back   AutomationDirect Customer Forum > General Applications

Bookmark and Share Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 11:45 AM

Motor control-nubie question...

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and to PLC design. I have a 5ph 220 volt single phase motor I would like to turn on and off with the Click PLC. What is a low cost way to do this? I know this is an easy question. I also have a 24 volt fan I would like to turn on and off as well. If this is not the right forum, please let me know.

Thanks for the help.
Old 04-15-2012, 03:23 PM

I'm no expert on the subject, but the C0-01DR-D has AC or DC output relays built in that will handle 200K 250 VAC inductive load on to off cycles, or 50K 30 VDC inductive load on to off cycles.

Last edited by Dean; 04-15-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 07:35 PM

You will need a contactor at a minimum. You might want to add a manual motor starter for motor and circuit protection.

The Click can send a start signal to the contactor. Be sure that you pick a Click unit with a comparable output voltage as the coil on the motor contactor.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: