GS2 Analog Parameters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS2 Analog Parameters

Hi, trying to get a GS2 keypad potentiometer set up as frequency reference (P4.00 = 00) and give it an offset (P4.01+) so it will control output frequency from 30 (min) to 60 Hz (max) I just can't get the offset and the gain parameters to make any difference, what am I missing ?

Thanks

I have never done something like that, but maybe try setting the minimum Hz value to 30 instead?

Comment

yes I have done that also, but the first 50% of the pot travel does nothing (0Hz) then it kicks in at 30Hz when the pot reaches 50%, just doesn't seem a nice way of doing it, most VFD's I have worked on before just rescale the pot to suit your max min settings, they give an example of pot scaling in the manual (10-60Hz full travel) but I just can't make it work

Comment

I'm reading this as
        P4.01 = 01
        P4.02 = 50.0%
        P4.03 = 50.0%
        P4.04 = 00

It seems to imply it will work with the operator potentiometer from the diagram shown with the examples, but I may be reading that wrong. It could also imply that is just the scaling. I wouldn't bet the farm the onboard pot gets the analog scaling applied to it. It may be a different means of input entirely as far as the drive is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
          I'm reading this as
          P4.01 = 01
          P4.02 = 50.0%
          P4.03 = 50.0%
          P4.04 = 00

It seems to imply it will work with the operator potentiometer from the diagram shown with the examples, but I may be reading that wrong. It could also imply that is just the scaling. I wouldn't bet the farm the onboard pot gets the analog scaling applied to it. It may be a different means of input entirely as far as the drive is concerned.
          Yes, they are the settings I have, and 4.00 = 00, for local pot control. I will try an external pot and see what happens, don't want to use an external pot for this application but will try it to see if the scaling will work. If so the manual is very misleading, but i guess you get what you pay for.

Comment

Just tried a 5k external pot, P4.00 = 2, scaling now works as it should, pot range is 30Hz to 60Hz full travel, so scaling only works on external pots, that's BS, but it is what it is.

Comment

From what I have been told, the local controls built in to the front of the GS drives are just writing digital values into memory addresses into the GS drive. Same as you would with network RS485 control, only it is local to the drive. My guess would be that is why scaling doesnt work on the built in pot on the keypad, as it isnt exactly a regular analog potentiometer input into the drive. The analog scaling most likely can only affect the physical analog input
              Last edited by MikeN; 06-06-2017, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Yes, that is how it seems to work.

Comment

Ah, not to worry, the drive blew up anyway, first GS2 we had fail

Comment

Hi...as per my knowledge the local controls built in to the front of the GS drives are just writing digital values into memory addresses into the GS drive. Same as you would with network RS485 control, only it is local to the drive.

pcb assembly
                    Last edited by RickyTerzis; 08-25-2017, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X