Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GS4 Drive questions

I like the looks of the new GS4 drives. I have a few questions:

If I have an analog input card, can I use this analog input as Remote I/O for another process, not (direct) control of the drive itself?

Is Ethernet I/O going to become an option? Or will you stick only with Ethernet/IP?

If I run multiple motors on one drive, what kind of individual motor overload protection do I need? Just a WEG or Fuju contactor with thermal overload and the appropriate wiring to the drive/PLC?

GSEDRV support is in-work. That, along with the next version of Do-more Designer, you can integrate a GS4 seamlessly into a Do-more Ethernet I/O network like you can with GS1/GS2/GS3.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Great. So it will require a GSEDRV or will it be with a built in expansion card?

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt View Post
        Great. So it will require a GSEDRV or will it be with a built in expansion card?
        It will take GSEDRV to support Ethernet I/O on GS4, just like GS1/GS2/GS3.
        There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Working...
        X