Sureservo fault records

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sureservo fault records

Sureservo parameter P4-00 to P4-04 are fault records in the drive. What I cannot seem to find is what is the data type? I am assuming it is a string as the range is ALE01 to ALE22. If it is a string is it 5 characters? more? Is the data type something else?
    What I want to do is read the fault record when a servo alarm occurs. I will then display this fault record on a C-more touchscreen. I am communicating to the Sureservo drive through Modbus RS485 from a P2K. So far it is working well, I am just trying to build in some meaningful diagnostics for the technician without having them resort to opening the control enclosure.

Manual pg 6-7 shows address of 41029.

Sureservo Modbus really does NOT know a STRING from an INT. The ALE part of the alarm is (most likely) generated by the drive FOR HUMANS. The value of 01 to 22 is (most likely) the important piece. In your cmore, you can display a message based on the VALUE of these registers.
    You mentioned CMore. Do you mean CMORE EA7 / EA9 or one of the Micro variants?
    If EA7 / EA9, you could use MultiState Text to 'interpret' the code to meaningful messaging.

Comment

Thanks.
      I am using an EA7 and the multistate text is exactly what I was planning. I will test the read data to see if it is indeed integer and then I can use it for the text indicator. I was also thinking of just using parameter P0-01 Drive fault code. This has a range of 0-22, but then I have to deal with the zero if I try to use this directly in the multistate text indicator (there is no message zero in the message database). I also like the P4-00 to P0-04 because I can show alarm history directly from the drive rather than building an alarm log in the Cmore. Then again, maybe an alarm database is a better long-term maintenance tool? Thoughts?

Comment

This has a range of 0-22, but then I have to deal with the zero if I try to use this directly in the multistate text indicator (there is no message zero in the message database).
        What do you mean -- that there is CURRENTLY no message #0, or that YOU CANNOT CREATE a message #0? Either/both should be possible.
        Be sure to select '(o) Message Number' in the General tab.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
          What do you mean -- that there is CURRENTLY no message #0, or that YOU CANNOT CREATE a message #0? Either/both should be possible.
          Be sure to select '(o) Message Number' in the General tab.
          The message database starts with a 1.

Comment

Originally posted by LesKlar View Post

The message database starts with a 1.
            I do not mean the CMORE global message database. I mean the message [TAB] list in the MultiState text indicator.

In a Multistate text, you can...
            You can create a new message and renumber it to ZERO by using the updown arrows by the Msg No. control on the right of the dialog.
            You may be conflating LookupText with a MultiState Text Indicator.

If you are using the Lookup Text/Message Database, just subtract 1 from the returned error code.
            Last edited by kewakl; 01-12-2018, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X