D0-06 dd1 with stepper drive/motor controled by plc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D0-06 dd1 with stepper drive/motor controled by plc

Im new to plc. Although i have good knowledge with cnc machines and their programming Im having trouble setting up a plc to run a standalone stepper with two limits and to switches for left right movement.

Basically I want to be able to push or turn a switch and as long as i hold it it will move right until I hit a limit. Then I want to be able to push another switch and it will move left until I hit a limit as long as the switch is activated.

I know I have to be in mode 30 for this. But I have read and read and cant figure out how to get into mode 30, as well as program the plc to preform the function above.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Appendix E of the DL06 User Manual has a sample program under the Mode 30 section.

Try example 3 on page 53.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Thanks. Thats getting me off to a start. But seeing that I need it to only move as long as Im holding the switch, wouldn't i need to use the Velocity Profile? Also I wont need a homing switch due to manual movement by a contact switch. What would be the best way to adapt the example do you think?

Thanks

Comment

Velocity might be better for a continuous move. You will probably need to experiment a bit until you find what works best for your application.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Ok i have my plc programmed and wired up for a desktop test. Imputs and outputs lights trigger but im getting no signal to the stepper drive. Any ideas of what I maybe missing?

Comment

Please post how you wired it. A diagram if you can, otherwise a detailed description of how it is wired.
            Circumstances don't determine who we are, they only reveal it.
            Jason Wolthuis

Comment

on input side. switch trigger +24v to x1. negative to c0.

output side. y0 to pulse positive on drive. y1 to direction positive to drive.

5v power supply to v+ negative to c0. negative also to my pulse negative and direction negative.
              Last edited by billglenn; 06-06-2013, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Ok i found out i needed to sink not source. Changed it now I get a signal but just for a single step then it stops. I can hold motor shaft and feel the signal step but no more. it will do it as many times as i trigger the x1 switch.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by billglenn View Post
                  on input side. switch trigger +24v to x1. negative to c0.

output side. y0 to pulse positive on drive. y1 to direction positive to drive.

5v power supply to v+ negative to c0. negative also to my pulse negative and direction negative.
                  On the output side:
                  You need a wire from C0 to the negative of the PLC 24v power supply, you also need another wire from C0 to the negative of the 5v stepper power supply.
                  You need a wire from the PLC +V terminal to the positive of the PLC 24v power supply.
                  You then need a wire from Y0 to pulse negative on the drive, as well as from Y1 to direction negative on the drive.
                  You then need to take both drive positive inputs and tie them to your positive 5 volt power supply.

Hope this helps.
                  Jason Wolthuis

Comment

I reckon I was a little late getting my reply

The motor will only step once for each pulse the PLC sends out, you will need to send a whole series of pulses to make it rotate.
                    Jason Wolthuis

Comment

Ok i got motor movement when i connect x0 to control y0. But only in one direction. Although i have the direction connected to x1 for y1 i can't get movement in the other direction. Only in the one with y0.

What am i doing wrong?
                      Thanks

Comment

You don't pulse Y1, you just turn it on for one direction, and off for the other.
                        Jason Wolthuis

Comment

yea. My problem is although I have y1 turned on in the programing

x1---------------------y1 out

y1 stays on period no matter if Im switched on or off through input x1

I can make some changes to the programming but then the input doesnt turn it on..

I believe i maybe missing something in the ld k value which i believe i should be using K3?

But even then it only allows one direction of travel and the x1 isn't operating the y1. So maybe I also need a value in the LDD KD?

I can get both directions to work when I program a single step test. But when I try to program a manual movement only one direction.

Thanks for your help.
                          Last edited by billglenn; 06-07-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Please post screenshots of your program and I will try to help.
                            Jason Wolthuis

Comment

Originally posted by plcnut View Post
                              Please post screenshots of your program and I will try to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X