• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/bi...tml?sort=3&o=0

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/bi...tml?sort=3&o=1

Thanks for looking at it.

Comment

You need to first try loading the program exactly as it is listed in the manual, and then make sure you do a program to run mode transition each time that you make a change before you test it. Once you get it working like that, then you can start making changes.

I don't have time right now to go over the manual closer, but try the example and post back with what happens.
      Circumstances don't determine who we are, they only reveal it.
      Jason Wolthuis

Comment

I can get the sample program to work. What changes do I need to make in order to have the PLC drive the stepper in both directions by using push button switches?

Thanks again.

Comment

From page 55 of the appendix in the manual:
          "It does
          this by LDD K80000200 into V3631. The 8 in the left-most position of the value loaded(8xxxxxxx) will cause Y1 to turn on. This is how the PLC reverses direction"
          Play with it and see what it will do (make sure you get rid of the OUT Y1 that you had in the program you posted earlier).
          Jason Wolthuis

Comment

Maybe I shouldn't have went this route because im really confused. I read the material. And notice the k0 and k8000000 values as well as the memory values. But all I can do is get the stepper to go in one direction. Basically I need two switches wired to the plc at one time where i can push the right switch and the motor will turn right, left switch and the motor will turn left. I can program a single direction into the plc for a single switch, but i can't figure out how to program the two switches in so i can switch directions when i need and want to. I just can't seem to know how to make both directions work together in one program.

I thank you for your help and apologize for my stupidity.

Comment

I got it. but im using y3 output to sink 5 volts to turn on direction to the stepper. Its a working work around.

Comment

It's not stupidity, it's a matter of learning how these thinks work.

Try adding a couple of rungs like this:

X1 (rising edge)--------------------ANDD K8FFFFFFF V3631

X1 (falling edge)-------------------ANDD K0FFFFFFF V3631

When X1 is turned on, then this will add an eight to the beginning of V3631, and when X1 is turned off it will place a zero at the beginning of V3631.
                Jason Wolthuis

Comment

Ok now i need to setup the two limits far right and left. I would like to manual take it to limit one and it stops motion, then when i press the other switch moving it to limit two it overides limit one and allows motion in the other direction and vise verse on limit two.

Comment

Just add a contact inline with your Push button:

STR RunRightPB STRNOT RightLimitSwitch ... remaining logic...
                    Jason Wolthuis

Comment

Ok i've got motion and limits working the way i want. How can I get a slight acceleration when switch is pressed instead of a full speed start, and a slight decel when limit is hit while still controlling velocity. If i try the other program examples I loose alsmost all control of velocity only get a slight limited control. Here is program so far

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/bi...tml?sort=3&o=0
                      http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/bi...tml?sort=3&o=1

Comment

Working...
                      X