Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Productivity 1000 run 2 Stepper Motors? What modules would be needed?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can a Productivity 1000 run 2 Stepper Motors? What modules would be needed?

What modules would allow a Productivity 1000 to drive multiple stepper motors?

Might depend on how you want to control the motors. If you are using "advanced" drives controlled via a communications port, and the drives use RS485 then I suspect there will be little problem. On the other hand if you want to use step and direction pulses it doesn't look to me like the 1000 can do it. From my reading of the online catalog the 1000 series does not seem to have any HSIO modules. On the other hand if one used a rather loose definition of "module" one could use a BRX as a "slave"

Comment

Would a regular output module work if i only need 200 pules per revolution? Not building precision application.

Comment

Originally posted by IlanMower View Post
        Would a regular output module work if i only need 200 pules per revolution? Not building precision application.
        Depends how fast you need your stepper motor speed to be. Theoretically, a P1000 at maximum switching speed of the output module could run a stepper with 200 pulses per revolution at 600rpm. Realistically in actual applications I doubt you will get anything close to that.

But you technically *could* use a regular output module with a flasher instruction at a specific speed to generate the pulses you want. Though depending on scan time due to program size you may not be able to reliably start and stop the pulse train being generated at the exact pulse count you want.

Comment

Working...
        X