Motor for GS2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor for GS2

I have a ac motor driven pump. Right now is is a standard 1800 rpm, 1 hp motor. I plan to replace it with a variable speed motor and controller. I have a clickPLC system, so I can provide the motor controller with a PID signal, say 0 - 5 VDC. I am a newbie to pumps and controllers, so the GS2 looks applicable: 115 VAC in, 1/2 to 1 hp needed to drive the pump. So my dumb question is where do I find 3 phase electric motors that are compatible with the GS2 output? Thanks for the help, and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.

So the Iron Horse motors sold here should work. If I currently have a 1 HP motor, should I spec the same in the 3 phase?

Comment

Well, one could get a motor from the same company one gets the GS2 from (i.e. Automation Direct). I've had good results with Marathon "MicroMAX" motors, though an IronHorse is less expensive. While an inverter rated motor is a good idea, if your operational parameters are conservative most any three phase motor in good condition can usually be used (a line reactor between drive and motor might be a good idea)

Comment

And just to be sure, I can run single phase 115VAC into the GS2 drive? (GS2-11P0)

Comment

without looking, I believe, that if you power the drive from 115 volts, you have to derate the drive, i.e; 1 HP drive may only run a 1/2 HP motor......
          anything is possible with the right sized hammer.....

Comment

Nope, the https://www.automationdirect.com/adc..._vac)/gs2-11p0 is specifically intended for 110V single phase input, needs no derating

"Horsepower By Phase: 1hp with 1-phase input"

Comment

Thanks, that's what I read. About 4 amps on the 3 phase side....

The pump actually shouldn't actually run that much load. (Famous last words.)

Comment

Working...
              X