Productivity 2000 to Yaskawa V1000 VFD modbus RTU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity 2000 to Yaskawa V1000 VFD modbus RTU

I am very new to PLCs and I am working on a project that I need to control a V1000 drive over modbus RTU. Can anyone point me in the direction I need to go to be able to do a start/stop command with modbus write and how to read frequency value with modbus read in Productivity Suite. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Do you have a manual for the v1000 with modbus register definitions?

Comment

Done it using the 485 connection.
      Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

In this case, the drive was node 2.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	Yaskawa 1.png Views:	1 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	119334Click image for larger version  Name:	Yaskawa 2.png Views:	1 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	119335Click image for larger version  Name:	Yaskawa 3.png Views:	1 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	119336

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
          In this case, the drive was node 2.
          Click image for larger version Name:	Yaskawa 1.png Views:	1 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	119334Click image for larger version Name:	Yaskawa 2.png Views:	1 Size:	89.1 KB ID:	119335Click image for larger version Name:	Yaskawa 3.png Views:	1 Size:	89.9 KB ID:	119336
          Thank you Todd. It appears I am on the right path. I believe my brain was trying to over complicate the task. Just wanted to be sure

Comment

The in progress, complete, and error all those tags are not necessary to complete the function correct? Those are just status tags if you so choose to use them?
            Also did you add a modbus address to your tag Click image for larger version

Name:	Add tag.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	119359
            Last edited by jlb450; 12-03-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jlb450 View Post
              The in progress, complete, and error all those tags are not necessary to complete the function correct? Those are just status tags if you so choose to use them?
              Also did you add a modbus address to your tag Click image for larger version  Name:	Add tag.PNG Views:	1 Size:	25.4 KB ID:	119359
              1. The In Progress, Complete, etc. may be not necessary, but I don't know for sure. Since there's a lot of memory in a P2K, I'd have them anyway.

2 . I did not use a Modbus address, as the function automatically placed it into the proper register. My tags were integer, 16-bit unsigned.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post

1. The In Progress, Complete, etc. may be not necessary, but I don't know for sure. Since there's a lot of memory in a P2K, I'd have them anyway.

2 . I did not use a Modbus address, as the function automatically placed it into the proper register. My tags were integer, 16-bit unsigned.
                Great! Thank you for your help with this. How you have shown me is exactly what I had done. Great to have the reassurance that I done it the correct way before I go poking around getting it to work.

Comment

Glad to help.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by jlb450 View Post
                    Also did you add a modbus address to your tag Click image for larger version

Name:	Add tag.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	25.4 KB
ID:	119359
                    Specifying modbus addresses in the tag index is for assigning addresses to the PLC data. THis would then allow a different Modbus master/client to set/get data from the PLC (another PLC, HMI, computer, etc). If the PLC is master/client and is only going to be quiring other devices (slaves/servers) then you do not need to assign modbus addresses to the PLCs internal tags.

Comment

The modbus address 0 means you cast your message to all modbus devices. This only works well if you have one device in the network. For more devices you need to set an address for each and transfer to each device individually.

Comment

Working...
                      X