Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTRIO / D0-06 Error

Hey there,

I have a customer who installed a D0-06 PLC with two H0-CTRIO cards, controlling a vertical and horizontal axis. This was installed in 2010 and hasn't run since. The battery died.

I dumped the program into the PLC, got it talking to the HMI again, fumbling my way thru. Restored the .cwb files for both axis. So when I start a cycle, the first move is to home both axis. This happens and once they are homed, they never move again. I get a "Command Error" on both cards, with an error code 102 "File type incorrect for specified output function". Nothing in the manual about this error.

As far as I know, this program worked a decade ago. All outputs are set up as Pulse Step / Direction. I can go into the IO Monitor and manually move both motors in every direction from CTRIO Workbench. This leads me to believe that the problem may be in the PLC calling the pulse moves but I have no idea.

Any ideas? I have the .cwb files and the .prj file if anyone would care to help.

Assuming you used DirectSOFT to reload the PLC, did you use File>Save Project>to PLC? Or did you just use the WriteP icon or File>Write Program>to PLC? The project should have the V-mem values and the Save Project>to PLC option loads them into the PLC along with some other configs and the ladder. The Write Program is just the ladder.

If it was originally saved to disk without them, it might be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
      Assuming you used DirectSOFT to reload the PLC, did you use File>Save Project>to PLC? Or did you just use the WriteP icon or File>Write Program>to PLC? The project should have the V-mem values and the Save Project>to PLC option loads them into the PLC along with some other configs and the ladder. The Write Program is just the ladder.

If it was originally saved to disk without them, it might be a problem.

How can I check the V-Mem in the offline file to see if the the values are there? I am not at the customer's site for a few days to check what's actually in the PLC.

Sorry. I've never used one of these little guys before.

Edit: I actually believe I had the offline program open, went to PLC --> Connect to download the project. The Write to PLC option was greyed out.
      Last edited by bkroll; 03-14-2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Tools>Memory Editor

I usually do a find on V2000 since that is where I (usually) always happened to start using V-mem locations.

The data is shown in Hex by default and single word. You can choose format and data size for the individual locations. Just don't click any of the upload/download icons in the window without having a safe backup file. The tool is very "minimalistic", but can still be helpful.

If there is nothing anywhere in there, especially if the address is referenced in the ladder somewhere, it may not have gotten saved with the original project.

Comment

Thanks for the help! There are values in all the V-Memory locations reference in the ladder, so maybe they didn't get loaded into the PLC.

Just for my peace of mind: I open the program, connect to the PLC, then Save As > To PLC? And that should get all those memory values loaded? Sorry for all the questions by the way. Or is there another way to ensure that Save to PLC is not grey'd out and not clickable.

Comment

File > Save Project > to PLC should be available. I just did it twice in a row to a D0-06.

Note that it is NOT Save As > To PLC

You can also do just the memory from the Memory Editor while online. You should click the top left (from disk) icon then the bottom right (to PLC) icon, but I would use Save Project > to PLC myself.

Comment

Working...
            X