Ac Drive speed control with PLC and Linear Transducer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ac Drive speed control with PLC and Linear Transducer

Iím trying to keep the AC drive speed at 50% of a Linear Transducer using a Click PLC analog 0-10 output to the 0-10 v dc analog input on of the drive. The linear transducer is also 0-10 v dc.
    How would you right a program in Click PLC. The object is to match the line speed that can change so the motor speed can be faster or slower at 50% of the transducer.

To follow a 0-10v signal and use the feedback to stay in the middle range of the signal:
    Input the 0-10v input signal to a click tag.
    Multiply this tag with a scaling tag. Less than one would be slower, more than one would be faster.
    Output this new tag to the analog output to the drive.
    The min/max speeds in the drive will play a part as well.

If this signal was a potentiometer on a dancer bar, adjusting the scale tag would position the dancer up or down.

Comment

Than my you for your help.

Comment

While it is not too clear on what the actual system configuration is, I'd imagine there is a some chance of instability and/or poor response with a simple proportional control. While one can certainly write one's own PID for a CLICK(it is not built in) I'd be inclined to recommend a Do-More BRX, not only does it have PID its ADC is considerably faster

Comment

The Accel/Decel of the drive makes a great Integrator The Proportional is done in as above. Who uses 'D' 99% of the time anyway?

Comment

Working...
          X