Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GS2 AC drive unable to set to 15khz on carrier frequency. terrible high pitch noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todd Dice
    replied
    Originally posted by skyboy View Post

Unfortunately the it will not allow 15khz. It shows 1-12. I called support and their GS2’s on hand only got to 12 as well. I may swap motors and see
    Then AD needs to fix their manual.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Parameter P2.08.png
Views:	40
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	126336

Leave a comment:

• skyboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post
    Parameter P2.08 should be set to 15 for 15 kHz, according to page 4-21 in the manual.
    Unfortunately the it will not allow 15khz. It shows 1-12. I called support and their GS2’s on hand only got to 12 as well. I may swap motors and see

Leave a comment:

• MikeN
    replied
    The carrier frequency only goes up to 12kHz on GS2 drives. I dont think anyone here where I am has ever thought that the carrier frequency at 12khz is bad at all. If you feel it is excessively loud then perhaps the noise is coming from the fan motor and not the drive?

Leave a comment:

• Todd Dice
    replied
    Parameter P2.08 should be set to 15 for 15 kHz, according to page 4-21 in the manual.

Leave a comment:

• GS2 AC drive unable to set to 15khz on carrier frequency. terrible high pitch noise

Hi,
    I'm a newbie with not much familiarity in automation. My GS2 is causing a serious high pitch noise from My Baldor fan motor. Tried to overrev to 2100rpm(Factory 1750) and she still screams
    Tech support can figure out how to get the carrier frequency past 12. any other settings in the GS2 module that would restrict me to 12khz
Working...
X