X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garry
    replied
    https://support.industry.siemens.com...66283&lc=en-WW
    Here is a link on the Siemens site to help with the Modbus Addressing on the V90. Check the information on the default setting required to control this from the PLC.
    I would then try a read instruction from the PLC, to test communication and ensure that you have the correct addressing.
    Regards,
    Garry

Leave a comment:

• Do-More PLC, Modbus RTU with V90 servos and INVT inverter

I'm working on a project and replaced a siemens plc with an H2 Do-More PLC and a SERIO-4. It's a gantry style drilling machine with 3 servo axis utilizing Simatic V90 servos and an INVT G100 VFD.

Hardware
    PC: Windows 10, Modbus TCP to Do-More (credit to Garry, ACC Automation)
    PLC: H2-DM1E
    Com Card: H2-SERIO-4, using port C Modbus RTU
    Servos: Sematic V90 series, 6SL3210-5FE11-5UA0, firmware updated to v11101
    VFD: INVT, GD100-5RSG-4
    Protocol: Modbus RTU
    Baud Rate: 38400
    Parity Check: 2 Even
    UI: Servos #1-#3, G100 #4

I'm having a problem reading and writing to the drives, all set to even parity checks, baud rate of 38400, UI set according to the order, and tested with and without terminating resistors.

Serio-4 C: RTU Master
    Timeout: 1000ms
    Retries: 2
    Inter-Packet Delay: 3500us (might need to change)
    Baud Rate: 38400
    Data Bits: 8
    Stop Bits: 1
    Parity: Even
    Transmit Control: Unconditional
    RTS: Follow Transmitter

Questions:
    V90 Servos:
    1) RS485 monitoring time, default is 0ms and curious as to what the proper method is to set it given 4 slave items.
    2) Modbus addressing: Assuming the ex 40100 addresses are dec and not hex. Offset address 100 for instance for the MWX MRX?

G100 VFD:
    1) Addressing documentation is ex 2001 hex, converting to dec is 8193, so the MWX and MRX offset addresses are?

Any feedback or advice on how to go through and check the parameters and make adjustments would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Working...
X