Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stp-drv-6575

Hello,

I have a stepper drive (STP-DRV-6575) that I am trying to get set up. This is the first time I've done anything with stepper motors and drives. The jumpers inside the drive are what I'm asking about. What is the difference between "step and direction" and "step CW / step CCW"?

step and direction means pulses always make the stepper motor move, and the direction it moves is chosen by whether the second input is on or off.

CW/CCW means any pulses on the first input make the steppoer move clockwise, while any pulses on the second input make the stepper move CCW.

You need to pick which one to use based on your selection of output type on the PLC, indexer, or high speed output card you are using.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
      step and direction means pulses always make the stepper motor move, and the direction it moves is chosen by whether the second input is on or off.

CW/CCW means any pulses on the first input make the steppoer move clockwise, while any pulses on the second input make the stepper move CCW.

You need to pick which one to use based on your selection of output type on the PLC, indexer, or high speed output card you are using.
      OK this helps me out.
      Last edited by Jody Boehs; 11-07-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X