H2-CTRIO-2 Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2-CTRIO-2 Issue

I am using an H2-CTRIO-2 to operate this stepper drive(STP-DRV-6575). I am using the CTRIO Load Profile IBox (IB-1001) to load a motion profile that I have configured in the CTRIO Workbench Utility. I can load the profile but sometimes the success bit doesn't turn on. Other times it does and works great. It seems as though I can load 1 profile and execute it and then load a second profile and execute it. But after that, it seems to lock up and not allow any other motion profile to load or execute. Do i need to clear it out with the Clear Preset IBox?
    Attached Files

Try conditioning it with something other than the stage bit and see if that helps. It's a one shot instruction so if the stage bit sets again before the clear logic hits from the previous scan it won't trigger again.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
      Try conditioning it with something other than the stage bit and see if that helps. It's a one shot instruction so if the stage bit sets again before the clear logic hits from the previous scan it won't trigger again.
      I did this already and it didn't seem to work. I put each Load Profile IBox on a rising edge contact addressed as (C0, C1, ...... and so on) immediately after the CTRIO Config IBox. I also have tried to used regular NO contacts as well. I then used those coils in the stage portion of the program to load the correct profile when needed.

The way I have this program set up is... the motor turns 6 1/2 turns in one direction and then switches direction and turns 1/2 turn in the opposite direction. After this, I can home it to make sure it is in home position.

I can get it to do 1 cycle like that but if I try to do another cycle it freezes up and won't load another profile successfully. Anymore help on this?

Comment

I admit to not trying very hard to follow your code (because it has been over three years since I did anything similar), but on the off chance it might be related, here's a thread I had on a homing issue with H2-CTRIO2:

https://forum.hosteng.com/index.php?topic=1816.0

Comment

Working...
        X