400 Volt 3 phase Motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400 Volt 3 phase Motor

im considering an old 400 V, 3/4 hp 3 phase motor to run my wood lathe using a VFD for speed control and reversing
    is this feasible?

If it is an old motor, make sure it is rated to run on a VFD and at low speeds.

Comment

this motor was built way before vfd's! it even has a cast iron centre section with cast in "feet"

Comment

Unless there is something special about the mounting a 3/4hp motor shouldn't be too expensive to replace, which probably would be best. But with short motor leads and/or a load reactor, and conservative operating conditions I imagine the old motor would probably work ok, I have seen a number on non-inverter rated motors working fine on an inverter

Comment

there's nothing special about the motor other than its age and origin. plus trhe fact that my entire wood working shop is all antique equipement and motors and i like it like that!
          so im looking for suggestions regarding a vfd for it, i know nothing about them

Comment

I would suggest using an output reactor with the VFD. The old motor should be fine then.

Comment

Working...
            X