Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading Encoder Speed

Hi experts,

I have a new task which involves something I've never tried before. Basically, I have to measure the speed of motor (a dc motor controlled by a potentiometer) and drive a stepper motor at a proportionate speed (not necessarily matching the pulse rate, but proportional).

I have a doMore PLC and a few H2CTRIO2 modules. I plan on using an encoder to measure the speed, but I'm not sure if there is a convent method for capturing pulses/ second, let alone a method for adjusting the pulse rate of the stepper on the fly.

Thanks!

In the module config, click the little ruler icon and set up your scaling rate to convert the counter input into a velocity based on the data you give it.

Once you have that velocity, you can change your stepper velocity a couple different ways. You can use specific instructions built into Do-More, or you can manually do a math instruction and multiply the base velocity by a tag variable that you can enter on an HMI or something, and then output a new velocity to a different memory location.

Comment

Oh, I see it. Thanks! That makes things easier.

Comment

Working...
      X