Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie-Trying to replace obsolete Parker servo that is controller with D0-06DR

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Newbie-Trying to replace obsolete Parker servo that is controller with D0-06DR

    Hello, I'm new here and need some basic (i think) help with finding/guidance on a replacement for an obsolete Parker iBE servo on and existing machine.

    Here is the setup before the Parker failed (working from Servo to PLC)

    Parker iBE 232 servo/drive/controller all in one
    Connected by RS232 to a DigiOne - SP
    Connected to CTR Link ethernet port
    Connect to HO-ECOM module
    HO-ECOM is in module slot on DirectLogic D0-06DR PLC (Receives inputs from both analog controls as well as a IOS via ethernet)
    The servo is doing a simple variable position and does not need to coordinate with any other Axis.

    Like i mentioned the Parker is obsolete and if i am going to have to replace wiring anyways I was looking at switching to a Teknic Clear Path servo instead for cost reasons.

    Does anyone have any suggestions for this or know which model of Teknic Clear path servo would work?

    I do believe I was able to find some of the ASCII code from the Parker so if I can get a servo to communicate with the PLC I think I can take it from there.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

  • #2
    What is the horsepower, voltage, and RPM of your current servo?

    Comment


    • #3
      It is a NEMA 23 Frame with the following specs:

      48VDC - but I can change this as needed.
      Stall Torque Continous [1] Tcs oz-in 65.0
      Peak Torque [5] Tpk oz-in 260.1
      RPM 3300

      I have found a Clear Path with these specs but I am unsure of what model i would need because i am not 100% certain what mode the old servo was running in. Like Step&Dir or Pulse burst or?

      Is there a way to figure out what mode this was operating in? I don't have an oscilloscope, but if i did could i just watch in the output from the serial connection?

      I have found the following system setting that the software had loaded for the old servo.
      BOARDCLEARDELAY:1.5
      SAWMOVEDELAY:0.25
      OUTERBLADEMAXPOSITION:12
      OUTERBLADEMINPOSITION:6
      OUTERBLADEMINRIP:1.375
      INNERBLADEMINRIP:1.375
      MOVABLESAWKERF:0.375
      SAWPPI:40640 'PPI=PULSES PER INCH
      NUMMOVABLEBLADES:1
      SAWIPADDRESS:
      SCR:_MOVE
      SCR::: make sure the saw has been homed
      SCR:PT\013 'PRINT CURRENT REQUESTED TORQUE
      SCR::ifresultisnot 123
      SCR::gosub _HOME
      SCR:P=-\VA0 G\013 'SET POSITION
      SCR:_HOME
      SCR:E=700\013 'SET ALLOWABLE POSITION ERROR
      SCR:KP=48\013 'PID PROPORTIONAL COMPENSATION
      SCR::delay .1
      SCR:KD=500\013 'PID DERIVATIVE COMPENSATION
      SCR::delay .1
      SCR:KI=6\013 'PID INTERGRAL COMPENSATION
      SCR:KL=700\013 'PID INTERGRAL LIMIT
      SCR::delay .1
      SCR:F\013 'LOAD FILTER
      SCR:AMPS=400\013 'Set PWM drive signal limit
      SCR::delay .1
      SCR:A=8000\013 'Set acceleration
      SCR:V=644240\013 'Set maximum permitted velocity
      SCR:PM\013 'Enable position mode
      SCR::delay .1
      SCR::: move more than 12" toward home
      SCR: D=487680 G\013 'Set relative distance
      SCR::gosub _WAITFORMOVE
      SCR::: move 1/2 turn away from home
      SCR:V=2000000\013 'Set maximum permitted velocity
      SCR::delay .1
      SCR: D=-4000 G\013 'Set relative distance
      SCR::gosub _WAITFORMOVE
      SCR:O=0\013 'Set origin
      SCR:T=123\013 'Assign torque value in torque mode
      SCR::delay .1
      SCR:_WAITFORMOVE
      SCR::: keep looping until Ft is zero
      SCR:PFt\013 'Print trajectory status
      SCR::ifresultis 1
      SCR::goto _WAITFORMOVE
      SCR:
      Last edited by raweave61; 02-11-2020, 10:01 AM.

      Comment

      Working...
      X