No announcement yet.

Dura Pulse Momentary Power Loss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why not monitor the fault output and then send a reset input?

Comment

I know this is an old post but I was having the same problem with water pumps when the generator did a test run. If the pump is running when the transfer switch activates the drive will fault with a momentary power loss. The only way to recover from this is to take away the run signal and then press the reset button.
      My solution was to put a SPDT relay in. The coil is activated by DO1 which, by default, is on when the drive is in a fault condition. The common of the DPDT switch is connected to DCM. The NC contact is in series with the run contact and then goes to DI1. The NO contact is connected to DI9 which is "fault reset" by default. I used the drive's internal 24VDC power to drive the relay.
      It is working so far.

Comment

Originally posted by mwdkmpr View Post
        I know this is an old post but I was having the same problem with water pumps when the generator did a test run. If the pump is running when the transfer switch activates the drive will fault with a momentary power loss. The only way to recover from this is to take away the run signal and then press the reset button.
        My solution was to put a SPDT relay in. The coil is activated by DO1 which, by default, is on when the drive is in a fault condition. The common of the DPDT switch is connected to DCM. The NC contact is in series with the run contact and then goes to DI1. The NO contact is connected to DI9 which is "fault reset" by default. I used the drive's internal 24VDC power to drive the relay.
        It is working so far.
        Sounds like power just isnt switching fast enough for the capacitors to hold up the power between the switching. Instead of letting the drive fault and restarting and such, why not add capacitors in front of the VFD so that power can be maintained correctly?

Comment

Hello,

i have a similar problem, we have installed several AC drives on our refrigeration units and when the main power goes off and then on really quick, all the drives show the alarm "MOM POWER LOSS" and wont restart itselft,

it is really a problem because if it happends during nigth, the refrigeration units will be off for a long time

¿How could i fix it?

David

Comment

Drives usually have a setting in the parameters for what to do during momentary power loss. The GS3 happens to be P6.02

Comment

Working...
            X