Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CTRLDPR iBox not responding

Hi,

What would be the reason for the "load profile" box not responding with neither success, nor error? I've seen this behaviour previously, then upgrading firmware helped to eliminate the problem. Now it didn't work..

Thank you!

Make sure you have CTRIO configuration IBox at the top of ladder logic and that it executes every ladder scan.

Make sure your CTRLDPR is NOT in a subroutine or stage, but as part of the main ladder scan, and that it is scanned ONCE on EVERY LADDER SCAN (no goto's around it, not in a loop, no MLS/MLR, etc.). Even if it does not have power flow, the IBox must "see" that.

Using the XRef view, make sure each IBoxes Workspace register is unique and EXCLUSIVELY USED in THAT IBox instance. The workspace contains scan-to-scan state information and MUST NOT be written to by ANY OTHER INSTRUCTION.

If all of this is fine, double check your CTRIO module's configuration using Workbench and make sure it's consistent with your CTRLDPR parameters.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Oh, and also check XRef to see if any other logic that might be resetting your Success and Error bits. Note that these are RESET each time you INITIATE the IBox, that is, after last completion (success or failure), the power flow into the IBox goes from OFF to ON.
      There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Thank you for the reply!

I didn't know that the CONFIG and CTRLDPR iBoxes have to be scanned every cycle. Is that true? Wouldn't that prevent me from loading different profiles within one program?

My CONFIG box was residing in the ISG stage and CTRLDPR box - in the stage that actually needs to load a profile. Just for kicks I did move both of them to the top of the ladder, but nothing happened, only the program made less sense to me.

Nothing from the rest of the items in question applies...

Comment

They do not need to be ENABLED, but just SCANNED. The CTRIO Config IBox does need to be at the top of ladder. If your ISG is ALWAYS enabled (i.e. you SET stages from there, not JMP), you're okay.

Also, your CTLDPR could also be in a stage as long as that stage remains active for the duration of the load. Also, it needs to see an OFF to ON transition to "fire", so if you ENTER the stage and power flow is ALREADY ON, but the IBox never saw OFF then ON, then it will NOT fire.

Make sure you can do the operation from CTRIO Workbench. If it does not work from there, then the issue is on that end. If it DOES work, there are some issues on the PLC side. If that's the case, you may need to contact tech support for more detailed diagnostics.

Comment

Working...
          X