ECOM100 WX Success/Error Bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECOM100 WX Success/Error Bit

Can anyone explain how I'm able to get a successful bit high after transmitting a WX command, when the network connection isn't hooked up? I made another system that used the success and error bits and I had no problem, now this new system just gives me success bits high whether it's actually logging to dataworx or not.

Any ideas? The bits aren't being used anywhere else in the program btw.

Thank you in advance!
    -Danny Blacker
    Teledyne - Geophysical Instruments

"The evolution of sense is, in a sense, the evolution of nonsense." -Vladimir Nabokov

Did you happen to put the ECOM in a different slot than the last system, and not change the bits you are monitoring??? There are different bits for each slot. See pages 4-11 and 4-12 of the HXECOMM manual here...
    http://www.automationdirect.com/stat...mm/hxecomm.pdf
    Bob

Comment

It is in a different slot (Slot1 on an 06), but I've changed the config box to reflect the new slot position. I've assigned C503 as the Success bit, and C500 as the error. I've even tried to reset the success bit before each communication just to make sure it wasn't staying high from the previous xmit.
      -Danny Blacker

"The evolution of sense is, in a sense, the evolution of nonsense." -Vladimir Nabokov

Comment

You say you are logging to Dataworx using WX, but then you say, "I've assigned C503 as the Success bit, and C500 as the error". A WX instruction doesn't have a "Success bit".

Are you using an ECWX IBox instead of WX? Or do you have logic that sets the "Success bit" on completion?

Also, can you post some of your logic?
        Greg Kiser
        Hos Engineering, Inc.
        support@hosteng.com
        http://forum.hosteng.com
        This isn't all true.

Comment

You say you are logging to Dataworx using WX, but then you say, "I've assigned C503 as the Success bit, and C500 as the error". A WX instruction doesn't have a "Success bit".

I guess it would help if I used the proper terminology.

Are you using an ECWX IBox instead of WX? Or do you have logic that sets the "Success bit" on completion?

I'm using a ECWX (IB-741) with the following settings:
          ECOM100# K0
          Workspace V11003
          Slave ID K90
          From Master Element (Src) V10000
          Number of Bytes K124
          To Slave Element (Dest) C0
          Success C503
          Error C500

Also, can you post some of your logic?

There's quite a bit of code, and it's spread all over the place in the program. I'm essentially loading values from scattered v-memory locations into the v-memory locations used in the ECWX I-Box, then transmitting to a dataworx database. Then repeating the process for the remaining 19 channels that were tested.

If you would like a copy of the program you're more than welcome...but forewarning...it's lengthy.
          -Danny Blacker

Comment

Any ideas as to what might be causing that success bit in the IBox to go high without a network connection???
            -Danny Blacker

Comment

What is going on with your ECOM setup Ibox? (I don't have DS5 in front of me to remember the exact name) Is it in the top of your program (and NOT in a stage), and are you referencing the correct ECOM100? I know that the slot numbering for the 06 will throw you for a loop if you're coming from 205's.
              Circumstances don't determine who we are, they only reveal it.
              Jason Wolthuis

Comment

I have the ECOM100 Config box as the very first rung in my program. Neither the Config box or the Ibox are in a stage. The ECOM100 Config box is as follows:

ECOM100 IB-710
                ECOM100# K0
                SLOT K1
                STATUS V11000
                WORKSPACE V11001
                Msg Buffer (65 WORDS) V11005-V11105

And here's the WX IBox Configuration:

ECOM100 WX Network Write
                ECWX IB-741

ECOM100# K0
                Workspace V11003
                Slave ID K90
                From Master Element (Src) V10000
                Number of Bytes K124
                To Slave Element (Dest) C0
                Success C503
                Error C500
                -Danny Blacker

Comment

I went ahead and forwarded the problem to Tech Support. I'll update with any information they give me, just in case anyone else has the same problem and comes across this thread.

If anyone has any more ideas, I'm all ears!

Thanks!
                  -Danny Blacker

Comment

Here's what came back from Support:

----------------------------
                    I would suggest testing your logic by

1) Insert 3 blank rungs in your program.
                    2) Copy the IB-710 to rung #1
                    3) Copy the IB-741 to Rung #2
                    4) Insert an END on rung #3 to make the CPU return to the beginning and not eval any additional logic,.
                    5) Power cycle the PLC to insure the IB-710 is updated.

The program will not execute any logic after the END statement so it will isolate any interaction from your program.

If you have any additional modules in the rack you may want to use
                    ----------------------------

Even after trying these steps, I still have the problem. I just thought I would post this in case it helps anyone else.
                    -Danny Blacker

Comment

Even after trying these steps, I still have the problem. I just thought I would post this in case it helps anyone else.
                      This makes no sense. Do you have HMIs connected? Or anything else on your network writing to the ECOM100?
                      Greg Kiser
                      Hos Engineering, Inc.
                      support@hosteng.com
                      http://forum.hosteng.com
                      This isn't all true.

Comment

Working...
                      X