BRX to AB Flex IO 1794-AENT

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRX to AB Flex IO 1794-AENT

Has anyone ever tried to connect an AB 1794-AENT flex IO to a BRX. I never seem to know what blocks to use in the BRX if possible and what goes in the fields. Just want to do it out of curiosity to see if the BRX can do it.

Seems it will be very difficult to achieve. Even the AB die hards are abandoning AB add ons, lol. We have a few AB people here and are using AD products such as HMI's, external IO, etc. The only thing they use are the MicroLogix plcs then use AD products to support everything else. Amazing direction AD and Host are going.

Comment

Does their Flex I/O support EtherNet/IP? If it supports Explicit Messaging, then you should be able to hook up any Ethernet based Do-more PLC to it using the EIPMSG instruction, but you have to know all of the Class/Instance details of your slave device (i.e. the Flex I/O).
      There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

That is the issue Franj1. Finding that documentation at AB is a daunting task. It doesn't seem to exist or if it does, it is buried deep.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
          That is the issue Franj1. Finding that documentation at AB is a daunting task. It doesn't seem to exist or if it does, it is buried deep.
          Or for a tech connect contract, that includes actually being able to talk to someone on the phone, you might be able to get that information. "Free" support went the way of the SLC 150.
          If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
            And requires a money contract to access useful documentation.

Comment

Working...
            X