• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make two P3K communicate via Ethernet/IP Adapter/Scanner method

I followed these two official videos to set up my P3K PACs:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNGIgqi0AYQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLmhO_iTYhw

But unfortunately I keep getting TCP/IP connection error: NO REG SESS

I think this error code basically tells me that my connection configuration is wrong, but I really don't know why and where.

My configuration are attached in this post.

Can anyone please tell me where I got wrong? My adapter also has a few scanners running, so is there a problem if I use adapters and scanners on the same P3K?

Thank you,

Click image for larger version

Name:	Scanner 1.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	107415

Name:	Scanner 2.PNG
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	107417

Name:	Scanner 3.PNG
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	107418

Name:	Adapter.PNG
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	107416

Per the help file topic P258:
    1. ERR: NO REG SESS, which could indicate: the target device is out of EtherNet/IP connections.
    Do you have anything else communicating to the adapter P CPU via EtherNet IP?
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Yes. I configured the P3K to be a scanner and adapter at the same time. Also, Wonderware is connected to this PAC.

Comment

Wonderware possibly could be consuming all the (4) allowed EtherNet/IP connections or (4) CIP connections. I would disable Wonderware, you should then be able to connect with you P3000.

Another option is to enable an additional data block on your P2 adapter then have the P3 communicate to those connection points.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Sorry for this late feedback. I started to use the Network Read/Write instruction instead of setting up Adapter/Scanner, and it works perfectly. P series PAC is the best.

Comment

I would suggest instead of Network RX & WX instructions you look at ProNet. Uses a simple publish and subscribe to communicate between P Series CPU's.

Comment

Working...
            X