Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL205 Communication - Modbus RTU

Hi!
    I have a DL205 with port2 at the 250-cpu connected to a radiodata modem that communicates with another plc over modbus RTU, by using the WX command.
    The other plc uses the WX command to write the value of a watertank level and store it in V2000 in the local plc.I use this value to start and stop pumps.
    But I also intend to read this value from a SCADA system.When I extend my radionetwork and makes the SCADA system ask for this value, the network connections gets unstable, so my question is; Can I use a DATA COM module in slot 6, and let the SCADA system use this module to access the V2000 memory. In that way it would have two separate radio networks, and hopefully not make any conflicts....?

I'm surprised the first setup (two devices each issuing WX commands) works. There can be only one device issuing commands on a Modbus RTU network. Modbus RTU provides no collision protection. When you say DATA COM precisely which module do you mean. Please give the exact part number. Will the SCADA system be reading the value from V2000 or writing a value there? It sounds confusing.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Hi!
      Sorry for my bad explanations! It`s only one of the devices that issuing WX commands. (Device at watertower)
      I intend to use the D2-DCM module, and the SCADA system will only read the value....

Comment

After a quick look at the manual that seems to be ok. I don't know enough about uses with the radio network to comment on that aspect.
        Last edited by bcarlton; 01-09-2018, 10:26 AM.
        thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Hello!
          This works out,thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X