Pro2000 Cell Modem access

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro2000 Cell Modem access

Trying to access a Pro2000 PLC via a cellular modem (Pepwave Max BR1 Mini) and not having much luck. Tried IP passthrough...nothing. Tried forwarding all ports (TCP and UDP) to PLC...nothing. Has anyone had any success accessing a Pro2000 via cell modem (of any type)?

The modem works - have fixed IP address and can connect to the Internet, etc. I've used these modems to access Emerson PLC products with no problem.

I have a pepwave that I use when commissioning a PLC where there is no Internet available. I setup the VPN in the pepwave and am able to connect to any PLC/HMI on the pepwave LAN. Verizon is our carrier and we had to pay $500 for the static IP.

Comment

Well, here's the deal. In the configuration mentioned above, I can send (and receive) a Modbus query - data comes back fine. Also, I can browse into the PLC using the static IP address and the the Productivity2000 web pages pops up - can click through the various links and see PLC information. Yet when I try to connect using the Pro2000 software suite I have not luck. Just can't connect.

As a sanity check I hooked up an Emerson Controlwave Micro RTU to the modem and could access it using the Emerson software tools. Same network settings (IP, G/W, etc.) as the Pro2000. I'm wondering if the Pro2000 suite uses the MAC address as well. Will have to contact AD on Monday.

Comment

Probably whatever port the software needs doesn't make it through the modem.

Comment

This sounds familiar. Make sure you have the latest version of the Productivity Software. There was a problem related to remote connections in versions prior to 3.0.2.2. Read me file says " 6.) GUI sending a TCP connect request causing CPU Connections dialog to not be able to find remote connections."

Comment

Bingo! Words great - thank so much for that info.

Comment

Working...
            X