Modbus via ho ecom 100 multiple dl 06

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modbus via ho ecom 100 multiple dl 06

I have two DL 06 and two C-more OITs on a small TCP/IP network using a router and ECOM modules, on the DL06's.. The building owner wants to incorporate several points from this system into their BMS using MODBUS. My thought is to put in an additional DL-06 with a ECOM unit that would read the points from the two existing DL06's using the RS232 ports and serve it to the BMS through the ECOM module using the BMS's subnet. The new DL06 would do the X Y and V memory conversions to MODBUS. This way I wouldn't let the BMS network into my network. see attached drawing.
    Does this look like a workable plan? could I put to ECOM units in the new DL06 and communicate with both networks via TCP/IP?
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Dave Winchell; 03-06-2018, 09:01 AM. Reason: Added drawing

Would the new 06 have any actual I/O, or is it just a bridge? If there is no I/O, you might consider a BRX PLC with no I/O (BX-DM1E-M). It integrates well with 06 PLCs. It has an Ethernet Port that can talk Modbus/TCP (master or slave), and can be a Modbus/RTU Master to the two 06 slaves out its serial port. No ECOM module necessary, the BX-DM1E-M has it all built in. If you ever want to add some I/O, you can add it if/when needed. Bunch of discrete/analog available.

The least expensive 06 is $251 + $216 for the ECOM100 module, total $467. The most expensive BX-DM1E-M PLC is $289, comes with built-in Ethernet and Serial port The programming software is free, and it has a similar feel to DirectSOFT (Host Engineering developed DirectSOFT along with Do-more Designer that programs BRX).
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

This sounds interesting. Could we communicate with the O6 using conventional 06 direct net over the serial port and not Modbus?

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Winchell View Post
        This sounds interesting. Could we communicate with the O6 using conventional 06 direct net over the serial port and not Modbus?
        No. Just Modbus/RTU.
        There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Working...
        X