Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I executing MWX commands properly (Productivity Suite)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I executing MWX commands properly (Productivity Suite)

Was hoping someone could review and critique the way I'm executing MWX commands in Productivity Suite. The attached screenshot should be self-explanatory, but if it's not, please let me know. Are there any other checks I could be doing? Thanks so much for any help, as always.

Attached Files

My Modbus writes are normally unconditional, and only the copy commands are conditional. If you're having an issue with the writes "not happening," I'd start by removing the conditions to the MWX.

Edit: If I have more than one write, then I use the polling feature of the MWX, so the writes don't happen simultaneously.
    If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgeline Mach View Post
      My Modbus writes are normally unconditional, and only the copy commands are conditional. If you're having an issue with the writes "not happening," I'd start by removing the conditions to the MWX.

Edit: If I have more than one write, then I use the polling feature of the MWX, so the writes don't happen simultaneously.
      Hope I'm not being dense, but if the writes are unconditional, wouldn't that mean that you'd be trying to write on every scan, even after a successful write?

Comment

Originally posted by div_by_zero View Post

Hope I'm not being dense, but if the writes are unconditional, wouldn't that mean that you'd be trying to write on every scan, even after a successful write?
        Yes. In most cases, that is not an issue.
        There is some discussion about the GS2 not accepting successive "1" writes to the P 9.29 Serial Comm External Fault
        Last edited by kewakl; 03-16-2018, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by div_by_zero View Post
          Was hoping someone could review and critique the way I'm executing MWX commands in Productivity Suite. The attached screenshot should be self-explanatory, but if it's not, please let me know. Are there any other checks I could be doing? Thanks so much for any help, as always.
          Im not really an expert on network wreites since I barely do any of that, but for your copy line down below the write, you may want to just trigger the copy from current to previous with the success bit of the write command. That way it only copies it to the "previous" tag in the event the write actually happened and was updated.

Comment

Working...
          X