Locked out by Click PLC after uploading ASCII_RepeaterV21 program

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locked out by Click PLC after uploading ASCII_RepeaterV21 program

I am using USB-RS232C converter cable (EA-MG-PGM-CBL) to communicate with Click PLC (Ethernet Standard, C0-11DD1E-D) via Port 2. After writing a demo ladder program called “ASCII_RepeaterV21” (downloaded from internet) to the PLC I found that my computer unable to connect to it anymore, the error code is “PTC-007 Unable to connect to PLC”.

The “ASCII_RepeaterV21” program will receive ASCII code on PLC’s Port 2 and echo back to the sender when it detects carriage return (0x0D). I used a terminal program called “Termite” to send some text and it worked as expected.

The “PTC-007 Unable to connect to PLC” error was detected when I power on the PLC again few days later to start programming.

I have tried connecting LAN cable directly to the PLC but the list of connected PLC in the same LAN is blank.

Can anyone please advise me how to connect to my PLC again before I return it to AutomationDirect for clearing the program. Thanks in advance!

Have you tried putting the PLC in STOP mode?
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Yes, tried in RUN and STOP mode but still the same. I’m wondering why my computer unable to detect the PLC even with direct connect LAN cable. Port 1 suppose to be the programming port? Is there any way to clear the program or restore the PLC to factory default?

Comment

" I have tried connecting LAN cable directly to the PLC but the list of connected PLC in the same LAN is blank. "
        Is your network cable going from your computer to a network switch and then to the PLC?
        If not, you may need a crossover cable.

Comment

Just tried using crossover LAN cable to link my comutee to PLC, still no luck... Thanks for everyone’s help, I’m going to get another PLC to meet my project deadline.

Comment

Working...
          X