Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any USB device servers that work with Productivity & C-more?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any USB device servers that work with Productivity & C-more?

I want to be able to log in remotely to monitor/modify programming on C-more EA9 and P3000. I prefer to use the USB ports for programming. I have in the past used USB Device Servers (little black boxes like this or this) for similar (less critical) scenarios. These gadgets seem to be primarily designed with keyboards/mice/printers in mind, and will work great for some USB devices, not at all for others, and unreliably for the rest. There are more expensive, more robust, industrial devices like the Digi AnywhereUSB, which I have heard are more apt to work with non-standard USB devices like PLCs/HMIs. I am wondering if anyone here has tried to access AD components in this fashion with any USB over IP device, and what the results were. I'd like to hear what works, but also what doesn't.

Why would you want to add in another failure point when you could just use the onboard ethernet on both the PxK and the C-More? Using USB gains you exactly nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon_ View Post
      Why would you want to add in another failure point when you could just use the onboard ethernet on both the PxK and the C-More? Using USB gains you exactly nothing.
      Because the Ethernet port I am using to control 12 Ethernet/IP VFDs which require uninterrupted communication with the PLC at fast polling rate. I don't want anything communicating on that port except the VFDs. Even the HMI I have communicating over serial. I'm a little disappointed that the 2nd Ethernet port is basically useless to me.

Comment

Working...
      X