P2K data acquasition question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2K data acquasition question

Got a customer who's wishing to monitor their processes in the plant, and one data point we can pull from his P2K is motor speed, as this gives him when his operators are running the equipment, and how fast.

My question is, can this information be automatically sent to his office computer? I note there is a way to view it through a browser, but has anyone used a different method?

Thanks.
    If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Does he have a cmore, you could enable and download app from cmore. don't recall specifics.
    cmore can also email to him.

Comment

There's a C-more micro tied to it.
      If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Don't think that a micro can do email.
        If you can have an email forwarding util on a pc, then maybe the P2K can send unauth emails.
        There is also the (Iphone) pac mobile app - requires a wireless connection.
        And, there is also the possibility of a small pc app to read and display the modbus register that holds motor speed. There are modbus polling apps that you can point to the PAC and register address.
        Last edited by kewakl; 08-19-2018, 02:49 PM.

Comment

You could use Advanced HMI, its free.

Comment

^ and more characters to appease the forum overlords

Comment

Originally posted by pbw View Post
              You could use Advanced HMI, its free.
              Does aHMI have a "direct" driver for PxK yet?

Mapping modbus addresses in PxK is less-than-awesome, then having to create a table that "This_tag" = modbus xxxxxx really sucks. Once you work with a C-More and can pull the tag DB in and work directly with tag names, you never, ever want to go back to modbus addressing. I would bet that the labor savings alone would pay for a 7" EA9.

*I'm not knocking aHMI, from what I've seen it's very powerful and C-More definitely lacks some things that aHMI can do (for the love of god, can I please get a multi color indicator based on multiple tags?!?), but as said, working with modbus in PxK sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon_ View Post

Does aHMI have a "direct" driver for PxK yet?

Mapping modbus addresses in PxK is less-than-awesome, then having to create a table that "This_tag" = modbus xxxxxx really sucks. Once you work with a C-More and can pull the tag DB in and work directly with tag names, you never, ever want to go back to modbus addressing. I would bet that the labor savings alone would pay for a 7" EA9.

*I'm not knocking aHMI, from what I've seen it's very powerful and C-More definitely lacks some things that aHMI can do (for the love of god, can I please get a multi color indicator based on multiple tags?!?), but as said, working with modbus in PxK sucks.
                For a few tags, this would be acceptable, but for a bunch -- NOT.
                If AD would publish the PxK (BORG) 'private' functions and address space, someone WOULD create a 'driver/mapping table' for software like aHMI.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgeline Mach View Post
                  Got a customer who's wishing to monitor their processes in the plant, and one data point we can pull from his P2K is motor speed, as this gives him when his operators are running the equipment, and how fast.

My question is, can this information be automatically sent to his office computer? I note there is a way to view it through a browser, but has anyone used a different method?

Thanks.
                  Maybe check out Mango Automation? Might be a bit more than you're looking for, but it has pretty nice logging and visualization features. At my old job we had one set up to parse CSV data dumped over RS-232 from an embedded controller.

Comment

Working...
                  X