Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I get data over ethernet port on EA7-T8C using an OPC server?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get data over ethernet port on EA7-T8C using an OPC server?

I have 3 Hmi touchscreens on a machine, all EA7-T8C with Ethernet. The first one is connected to a D4-D450.
    Then all 3 are connected to each other over ethernet using an unmanaged switch.

I need to add an ethernet connection to this machine so management can get some production data
    out of the PLC. Doesn't have to be a lot of data points.
    Is there a way I could create a page on these HMIs that contains the production data
    and then get the data over this ethernet connection with an OPC server?

If that does not work I will have to add an Ethernet module to the rack. Unfortunately there is not room
    in the existing rack so I will have to relocate an existing I/O card to a new expansion rack - unless
    somebody has a better idea.

Any ideas?

Will modbus tcp work for you?

If so on an ea9 you can make a tag event and right a tag to a modbus adress. I am doing that in a ea9 to make several GE PLCs tags available to a productivity 3000
    Last edited by z28z34man; 09-28-2018, 12:25 PM.

Comment

I have the older EA7-T8C. Can I do that with this older unit? I don't see any details on how to do this.
      What volume of data could I send this way? 50 integers once a minute is about what I need.
      If I need to buy an EA9 unit to get this feature, thats a possibility.

Comment

I am fairly certain a ea7 can do it but I got on the bus at ea9. I work night shift so when I get in I can take a few screen shots of how I set it up, but I am using the event manager to copy the tags.

50 intergers once a min shouldn't be a problem at all

From the ea7 spec sheet it looks like it should be able to do it from the event manager
        https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...morepgming.pdf
        Last edited by z28z34man; 10-01-2018, 01:43 PM.

Comment

i am sure there are other ways to do it but this works
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X