I need 4-20mA output from a modbus slave flowmeter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need 4-20mA output from a modbus slave flowmeter

I got a flow meter for a client who wants a 4-20mA output but the OEM supplied one with modbus output.
    Kindly assist me with how i can get the 4-20mA output.

Kindly provide branding, model numbers and preferably links to appropriate documentation of the components involved.

Comment

The flowmeter is an RMG Volume corrector EC 24, i initially bought a DAT3024 from datexel but i was later told i need a master to get the device working before i was refered to this forum.
      Thanks.

Comment

I am guessing that there is some sort of receiving device. Please provide model numbers and preferably links to appropriate documentation of the components involved.

Comment

For the flow meter you can check

https://www.rmg.com/wp-content/uploa...nual_en_01.pdf

for the DAT3024 please check

http://download.hcs-ba.eu/Veldappara...odbuslijst.pdf

Comment

The devices appear to be data (modbus rtu/ascii) only. Do you need the 4-20mA output as DATA or as a real, physical MILLIAMP signal?
            I do not know of a device that you can attach that will inherently convert the measured value from a Modbus register to a physical 4-20mA CURRENT signal.
            I know that PLCs and other programmable devices can do it. Other members may know of Modbus data<->signal conditioner devices.
            Is there a PLC or other programmable control device in the design - which could read the modbus register and construct a real 4-20mA signal?

Comment

Originally posted by jimi_614$$ View Post
              I got a flow meter for a client who wants a 4-20mA output but the OEM supplied one with modbus output.
              Kindly assist me with how i can get the 4-20mA output.
              Return it and purchase the part with the desired interface. It's not interchangeable.

Comment

If he is looking for a physicaly 4-20 ma signal a click PLC could read the modbus data and output the signal inexpensively

PS dose anyone else have the text change on them when posting from a phone. I have never experienced anything like that excpt this fourm
                Last edited by z28z34man; 10-05-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

It looks like it accepts an option card for current output on plug X2_0. Most flowmeter manufacturers auto-detect option cards nowadays.
                  Part number for the analog expansion card is TERZ94trm

Comment

I would try to replace the meter, if no way to output analog is possible with the actual one. I guess he needs analog output cause is trying to fill up and that would need a fast reading, hence accurate. For filling jugs, patching analog through modbus I donít think would work. I mean that while using a click plc to read modbus and output analog could work, will also defeat the purpose of a fast analog read.

Comment

Working...
                    X