looking for a good communications PLC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post

Typical meaning formatted like an Excel spreadsheet. It is how it is done in RSLogix/Studio 5000.
    I guess I need to study that. I'm not seeing how a spreadsheet cell identifier applies to referencing PLC memory.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post

Typical meaning formatted like an Excel spreadsheet. It is how it is done in RSLogix/Studio 5000.
      Does it look like an excel spreadsheet in ladder logic or a data view type thing? Or are you meaning something else?

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post

Does it look like an excel spreadsheet in ladder logic or a data view type thing? Or are you meaning something else?
        Not in ladder. You see it in the project's database.
        Last edited by Todd Dice; 10-31-2018, 05:12 PM.
        Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

So are you referring to the 2D tabular data view for arrays of simple types such as INT, DINT, FLOAT, etc (IOW, the same types that would show as a 2D table in a PLC-5 or SLC)? Numerous rows with numerous values per row, so you can easily see a few hundred live, editable values simultaneously? If so, Do-More's Memory View replicates that almost perfectly, and actually surpasses in some respects. I like it way better than a traditional DirectSoft Data View.

This was a big advancement for L5K, actually. While the heap/tag architecture creates issues for dense, efficient memory views, L5K never even bothered to address those on the simple types that SLC/PLC could do in 2D, so the latest, greatest thing was actually less functional that the old reliable, in that particular respect.

Comment

If you need more than one rs485 network, remlooking at more rs485 ports. Click is limited to two ports not both rs485.
            if you’re looking to different devices on the same rs485 network, then you want to make sure they understand modbus. In this case, one modbus network is all you need and choose the click with rs485 port or Ethernet port and add an rs485 interface (50-80$).

Comment

Working...
            X