Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Multiple DL PLCs via a single wireless router?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple DL PLCs via a single wireless router?

I have a setup with a wireless router with a static IP that I wish to use to connect to two different PLCs. I gave each a separate static internal node and port-forwarded to 7070 on PLC1 and 7071 on PLC2. I could connect to each inside of the router (of course), but could only connect to PLC1 from outside using the static IP. I tried setting several different parameters, but could not see PLC2 from outside. Any suggestions on how to set this up?

I know I should probably setup a VPN, but I don't have any experience in setting up that.

Thanks,

-andrew
    amcbrearty

A VPN is pretty much the only way to do it with both PLC's having the same fixed port number.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Is there a way to change (assign) specific port numbers on the PLCs and use port-forwarding on the router?
      amcbrearty

Comment

Not for DirectLogic. In Do-more you can assign a secondary port in the System Configuration.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

It is possible to do with port forwarding, but you need to modify the DS600.ini file.

Under the [devether.dll] category, uncomment or add
          Code:
          UDPPortNumEnable=1
          Once done, when you configure the Advanced options on a link, you can specify a target port. Then, configure port forwarding in the router:

for PLC 1: [Public IP] port 7070 UDP to [PLC 1 IP] port 28784
          for PLC 2: [Public IP] port 7071 UDP to [PLC 2 IP] port 28784

Comment

I had forgotten about that. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X