NTP through the StrideLink VPN device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTP through the StrideLink VPN device

I have a BRX PLC behind a StrideLink VPN device. Once per week, I would like the PLC to enable the VPN device (allow outside connection) and use the NETTIME instruction to retrieve the current time and date from the NTP server at 0.pool.ntp.org I've got the logic in the PLC set to enable the VPN device every Sunday morning between 2:00:00 and 2:00:59. At 2:00:00 + (20) seconds, the PLC triggers the NETTIME instruction.

What, if anything, do I need to do with the StrideLink VPN device to allow this to work? Does StrideLink have a NPT server I can use, or will any NTP server [just] work?

Thanks,

Ryan Poethke

Don't know if it is relevant to your effort, but Do-more uses SNTP, not NTP. Don't remember what the major differences are, but ports should be different.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post
      Don't know if it is relevant to your effort, but Do-more uses SNTP, not NTP. Don't remember what the major differences are, but ports should be different.
      Does this mean that the following quote from the Help file for NETTIME is incorrect?

"This instruction can use either an NTP Server or an SNTP Server as the time server."

Thanks,

Ryan Poethke

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_Poethke View Post

Does this mean that the following quote from the Help file for NETTIME is incorrect?

"This instruction can use either an NTP Server or an SNTP Server as the time server."

Thanks,

Ryan Poethke
        No, it's right. NTP servers also support SNTP.

I thought the ports were different, but I misremembered. Been doing this too long...everything blurs together. Disregard.

Comment

Working...
        X