PC to MB Gateway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC to MB Gateway

Need some help. i have some experience with PLC's and programming but little to no experience with communication between devices. I have a click PLC I installed a couple years ago and i've added a MB-Gateway module in order to access the PLC over the internet with a PC at a different area. I'm able to pull up the MB-Gateway on my PC and even see it in NetEdit, but i can't seem to see it in the Click PLC software for connecting. When i select Ethernet connection, there is no devices found. Any ideas on what i'm missing?

A Modbus gateway is only good for accessing register contents. It cannot be used for programming. The software has no way to know that is what you are using to connect. You would need to use something like Modbus Poll or some other Modbus enabled software to access the gateway.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

i suspected that. can you do remote programming with the new ethernet click PLC's?

Comment

Yes you can.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
        X