P3k ASCII OUT & IN to query values from and send values to Omegabus D4000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P3k ASCII OUT & IN to query values from and send values to Omegabus D4000

I've read a whole bunch of forum posts but am still getting stuck trying to talk to an Omegabus D4182 RS-485 analog output module. Short story is I have a couple P3k's that are full up on modules (no more slots in the chassis AND no more space in the cabinet for a larger chassis). I need to add a single 0-10Vdc analog output and have chosen the Omegabus D4182 which will take ASCII commands over RS-485 and provides a single 0-10 Vdc analog output with a separate analog-to-digital built in for positive read-back of the actual output voltage. I'm trying to accomplish the following sequence of events:

1. Use ASCII OUT to send "$1AO+02468.00" with termination character 0xd to cause the D4182 to set its analog output to 2.468 Vdc
    2. Use ASCII OUT to send "$1RAD" with termination character 0xd to cause the D4182 to report back the present value of its output
    3. Use ASCII IN to receive the string "*+02470.00" followed by 0xd which corresponds to a measured value of 2.47 Vdc
    4. Compare the value sent (2.468) to the measured value (2.47) and alarm if the values differ by more than 0.1 Vdc

I need to repeat this sequence at least once per second.

If anyone has had success in doing something similar to this (send a command, send another command, read a response, repeat), please share your logic. I've tried timers and interlocking to make sure that the 3 ASCII functions occur separately and have gotten close to success but can't make it function completely. I often get one "good" scan where everything seems to work but then subsequent scans don't work.

Thanks for the help!

The following code works with realterm. If your device needs some time between each instruction use a timer to delay the increment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AEX.PNG
Views:	53
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	124126

Comment

Working...
    X