Wonderware to DL06 through ModbusTCP and Cellular Radios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderware to DL06 through ModbusTCP and Cellular Radios

I have a situation where I'm transitioning to Windows 10 and no longer able to use the KepDirect server, so I'm trying to use ModbusTCP. The Wonderware machine is connected to various individual DL06 PLC's through ECOM100 and cellular modems (one PLC for one modem). I have gotten the communications and mapping working, sort of. The problem is that the communication link is successful as long as I initiate some AD communication product (NetEdit3, DirectSoft) to the target PLC from within the same LAN as the Wonderware computer. Once I do that, the communication will stay active for exactly 40 minutes and then it will stop. Unfortunately the site is several hours away and I'm trying to get this working before I go to site to do the final install. I am not sure if I need to use any IBOX instructions (ECOM100, ECWX) to keep this connection open. I can program remotely, but I can't verify DIP switch 7 on the ECOM100. Can anyone tell me if I need any IBOX instructions to make the Wonderware communication work on its own?

Thanks.

Shouldn't have to do anything in the PLC or with other software. You either have an issue with Wonderware or possibly you don't have the networking quite right on the radios or ECOM100's.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

So, to confirm, I should not need to do any programming in the PLC to get Wonderware to have access to the PLC? Obviously the network link works since it will work as long as an AD product is involved. If it's a networking thing I sure don't know what it is. There is nothing that has a 40 minute timeout that I'm aware of. I have had both Wonderware and AD support involved and no one is able to figure out what is going on. I've spent absolute hours on this one thing. Very frustrating. Thanks for your response. Any one else out there? I'm getting rather desperate. This shouldn't be that difficult.

Comment

Make sure that the ECOM100 firmware is up to date. Looking back, there were some issues with Wonderware in older firmware using Modbus TCP.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I won't have a chance to try that for a few weeks as will need to be on site, but a good suggestion.
          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X