AT&T data plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT&T data plan

Which AT&T data plan is specifically recommended for the 4G-LTE StrideLink VPN router? The link provided shows several types of data plans from AT&T.

Is this what I should order?
    https://marketplace.att.com/products...-one-rate-plan

Thanks,

Ryan Poethke

Really, AutomationDirect?! I just called Tech Support, and was told that AD can't even tell me what plan I should order:

AT&T LTE-M One Rate Plan

or

AT&T NB-IoT One Rate Plan

The tech I spoke to simply disclaimed any knowledge of what plan is appropriate. AD links to AT&T's site, but can't recommend anything? Poor tech support on this one, folks.

-Ryan Poethke

Comment

Neither of those is correct. You should use the one found here: https://marketplace.att.com/products...-north-america

This is an LTE data only plan with monthly data options (the LTE-M & NB-IoT plans are for very low data devices that primarily log data). I'd suggest at least 1GB per month which runs about $22 a month. In the drop down for data usage, be sure to scroll down as it only looks like there are a few MB plans available and no high data (GB) options.

Page 1-13 & 1-14 of the manual discusses AT&T data plans and signup.

Comment

Originally posted by StrideGuy View Post
        Neither of those is correct. You should use the one found here: https://marketplace.att.com/products...-north-america

This is an LTE data only plan with monthly data options (the LTE-M & NB-IoT plans are for very low data devices that primarily log data). I'd suggest at least 1GB per month which runs about $22 a month. In the drop down for data usage, be sure to scroll down as it only looks like there are a few MB plans available and no high data (GB) options.

I know that StrideGuy wrote it correctly, but in my mind, I read something different.

In the drop down for data usage, be sure to scroll down as it only looks like there are a few MB plans available and no high data (GB) options.

Comment

Originally posted by StrideGuy View Post

StrideGuy,
          Thank you for the info - extremely helpful. I would've picked the wrong plan without this advice, and no one I talked to at AT&T seems to know anything about their IoT plans - they couldn't even figure out of it was pre-paid or account-based

Thanks again,

Ryan Poethke

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_Poethke View Post

StrideGuy,
            Thank you for the info - extremely helpful. I would've picked the wrong plan without this advice, and no one I talked to at AT&T seems to know anything about their IoT plans - they couldn't even figure out of it was pre-paid or account-based

Thanks again,

Ryan Poethke
            If ATT doesn't know anything about their own plans, it seems a little unfair to beat AD up over not being able to recommend a plan, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon_ View Post

If ATT doesn't know anything about their own plans, it seems a little unfair to beat AD up over not being able to recommend a plan, no?
              I would guess that when you are selling third-party hardware, there is some expectation of due diligence on the part of the vendor for applicable service. Maybe not.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

I would guess that when you are selling third-party hardware, there is some expectation of due diligence on the part of the vendor for applicable service. Maybe not.
                With the way cell carriers change their plans, I can't fault them for wanting to "wash their hands" of it. You should be able to tell ATT "I have a data only device. I expect to use 500mb per month. What plan do I need?". I suspect if you need 10gb/month, they're going to recommend a very different plan. I can't blame AD for not wanting to get caught up in that.

Comment

None of my clients are willing to deal with AT&T apparently almost all governments in america are on Verizon.

Comment

Originally posted by NevergoldMel View Post
                    None of my clients are willing to deal with AT&T apparently almost all governments in america are on Verizon.
                    Get a Verizon hotspot device. Use a wifi Stride to connect to the Verizon hotspot. Problem solved.

Comment

Would have been nice if Stride or whoever went through the extra certification on the additional LTE bands that Verizon uses so that either carrier could be used for this. I really cant see it having been that much more expensive when they have to send it for FCC certification on the ATT bands anyway

Comment

Yeah, AT&T must have shot themselves in the foot somewhere along the line.
                        Two of my clients speak of them the same way I talk about Hyundai automobiles, "Never Again!"

Comment

Working...
                        X