Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot link to DL250-1

Hello,

I am having some troubles trying to connect to the DL250-1 CPU.

I am using a USB to SERIAL (prolific driver installed and tested the cable works) using Port 2 with a serial to hd15 adapter.

When I try connecting I constantly get a no response from PLC. I tried a changing to a bunch of other COM port but still nothing.

Am I missing some other setting? I noticed in another post that prolific worked for a user on Win XP (originally I used windows 10 and then tried XP with no success)

Any help wold be appreciated. Thanks

Solved: Managed to get connection using the Port 1 with no issues

Comment

Port 1 is the Programming port (K-Sequence Slave). Port 2 CAN be a Programming port, if it's configured that way. Also, the funky 15 pin-out on Port 2 could have been the issue in combination with your cable.
      There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

I've had problems with Win 10's Prolific driveer hijacking my Koyo USB-serial adapter on multiple occasions... makes me want to slap around some developer! I haven't found a way to keep the OS from thinking its smarter than me. Reminds me of Win 95, where it would wake up each morning with the built-in serial port being a different number depending on the phase of the moon.

Comment

Working...
        X