president

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• president

I am using trying to communicate with DL205 with 250-1 cpu, using direct soft 5.3.194. I am using a cable (serial-usb converter) purchase from AD. before trying to communicate the "run" light is flickering. because the communication fails, i try the auto feature. during this attempt the frequency of the flickering is higher (which tells me that the PC is entering the cpu), but after trying all options it fails with the following message: "to response from plc". I tried different cpu modules, and different chassis, but didnt help. I even tried to use an older laptop with XP , which I used to commincate with DL 205 in the past, but did not make any difference. technical support of AD could not help. can someone help?

did you try different usb port? i always have to go into control panel\device manager before i connect to verify which COM port its on.

Comment

yes, i did. didn't help.

Comment

Sounds like either your device drivers are not installed, or you are not selecting the right COM port, or you dont have the right baud rate and things like that.

Comment

what do you mean by "device drivers"?

Comment

If you have Allen Bradley's RSLinx installed make sure it is disabled.
            thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Device drivers are what make the USB to serial converter work and must be installed. You can probably find them on the websites support/download page if you didnt get them in the box with the converter

Comment

Which usb-serial device?
                f EA-MG-PGM-CBL. Go here
                http://ftp.automationdirect.com/pub/...BL_drivers.zip

Comment

i did install the driver. it works well.

Comment

i install it directly from the AD website.

Comment

You did not mention what model the adapter is.
                      If it is USB-RS232 type adapter, make sure the cord is black.
                      The older ones with a gold cord will not work with an updated driver.
                      Win 10 automatically updates the driver when the device is used.

The older adapters can be used with older pc's, but the newer drivers still can not be used.

Comment

still doesn't work. i removed RsLinx, didn't make any difference. remove the entire Rockwell programs, didn't make any difference.

Comment

when powering up the plc, which lights should be on? in my case the power is steady, and the run light is flickering. that's how it should be?

Comment

Do you know what COM port the converter is using when you plug it in? That same port must be selected when making your link in directSoft

When you made the link for the connection, did it run through an "auto detection" and find the right settings to use for the PLC? It should have looked like this as it searches through options (only with whatever COM port you are using):

Click image for larger version  Name:	Link.png Views:	0 Size:	47.2 KB ID:	125817

Comment

Using window's device manager confirm that the driver you think is your cable disappears and reappears when you unplug and replug your cable.

Comment

Working...
                              X