Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DoMore transmitting Data from a user-developed structure to External PC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoMore transmitting Data from a user-developed structure to External PC.

Good Morning! I've used Dataworx with DirectSoft PLCs to transmit data to a PC for data-logging a few times. This is the first time with DoMore. I've sent small data-bursts with DoMore Email but this project needs to send significant amounts of data to a PC. I've looked at Dataworx again but I found no reference to compatibility with DoMore, or examples of what command to use.

I created two structures to hold the data gathered during a process. When the process ends, I need to transmit the information within these structures to a PC.

Is it possible to send the contents directly, or do I need to dump the contents of the structure to memory and then transmit the data? The data is all numerical: signed, unsigned and Real. I also have numerical representations of ASCII characters for one-word status indicators.

Any hints?

The Do-More PLC uses the following structure addresses for Modbus (TCP) communication:

BRX DoMore Series PLC – Modbus Address Map
    The following table shows the Coil/Register numbers and the associated BRX PLC address for Modbus.
    Coil/Register Numbers Data Addresses Type Do-More PLC (BRX) Table Name
    00001-09999 0000 to 270E Read-Write MC1 to MC1023 Discrete Output Coils
    10001-19999 0000 to 270E Read-Only MI1 to MI1023 Discrete Input Contacts
    30001-39999 0000 to 270E Read-Only MIR1 to MIR2047 Analog Input Registers
    40001-49999 0000 to 270E Read-Write MHR1 to MHR2047 Analog Output Holding Registers
    Note: The PLC uses the Modbus area to communicate. This is because having direct access to the digital I/O can be dangerous when connected via Ethernet to the internet. Data must move in and out of this area via the PLC program.

https://accautomation.ca/brx-plc-adv...on-modbus-tcp/
    I have used AdvancedHMI to create and store information in an access database easily. The above link will take you thought using AdvancedHMI with the BRX (Do-More) PLC.

I have not used Dataworx but it states that it can use Modbus TCP.
    https://www.bizwaredirect.com/dataworx-standard.html

I hope this helps you out.
    Regards,
    Garry

Comment

Thank you, Garry. I am hoping that Modbus is not the only way to transmit data! That would be a real PITA!

Comment

How much data are you wanting to transmit and how do you want to save the data?

What hardware are you using in the Do-More Family? If it is a BRX then you can log the file on SD Memory.
        https://accautomation.ca/brx-plc-data-logging/
        Here is a list of all of the ethernet methods from the BRX manual.
        https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...userm/ch13.pdf

Do you have a C-More HMI connected to the PLC? If so then you could log the data in the C-More HMI and use FTP to store the file on the server.
        The headless C-More HMI would also be an option for the logging and FTP capability.
        https://cdn.automationdirect.com/sta...cs/ea9rhmi.pdf

Just some thoughts,
        Regards,
        Garry

Comment

I am logging the data to two Structures. One is full at 64 Double-Words. The other is half-full at 31 double-words of data.

I am using an H2-DM1E. I've looked at using a File but I am not saving the information. Once the process has completed, I need to send the accumulated data to an external PC, which accumulates successive transmissions in one spreadsheet (.csv) file. The customer manipulates this production data to produce reports required by their customer. I used to use Dataworx when I used DirectSoft.

Hmmmm... I'll look into using the Cmore's FTP option.

I have a sinking feeling that I will need to dump the accumulated data into several files, then send the files via FTP.

The DoMore is so advanced over DirectSoft, I'm finding impossible to believe that there isn't a ready-made instruction for sending data to the outside world! The PC is on the same network inside the company so Internet security is not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by GlennLee View Post
            I am logging the data to two Structures. One is full at 64 Double-Words. The other is half-full at 31 double-words of data.

I am using an H2-DM1E. I've looked at using a File but I am not saving the information. Once the process has completed, I need to send the accumulated data to an external PC, which accumulates successive transmissions in one spreadsheet (.csv) file. The customer manipulates this production data to produce reports required by their customer. I used to use Dataworx when I used DirectSoft.

Hmmmm... I'll look into using the Cmore's FTP option.

I have a sinking feeling that I will need to dump the accumulated data into several files, then send the files via FTP.

The DoMore is so advanced over DirectSoft, I'm finding impossible to believe that there isn't a ready-made instruction for sending data to the outside world! The PC is on the same network inside the company so Internet security is not an issue.
            There are many ways to send data. DMLogger is easy. Custom protocols are harder but infinitely flexible.

Comment

Working...
            X