Click Float to Modbus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Click Float to Modbus

I have a device that requires a 32 bit float value via Modbus which equates to 2 modbus registors. Using a Click PLC. In the Click I have the float value in a DF registor. How do I get that to 4 Modbus registors?

If I do a multiple send command using a DF as a source with that automatically write the float value to the 4 modbus registors?

Thanks for any help.
    Last edited by whitejw; 03-02-2020, 10:08 AM.

What have you tried? Did it fail to work?

Comment

I haven't tried anything yet, just trying to get a handle on what to do. Hardware not installed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by whitejw View Post
        I have a device that requires a 32 bit float value via Modbus which equates to 2 modbus registors. Using a Click PLC. In the Click I have the float value in a DF registor. How do I get that to 4 Modbus registors?

If I do a multiple send command using a DF as a source with that automatically write the float value to the 4 modbus registors?

Thanks for any help.
        I cannot tell, is it 2 or is it 4 registers that you require? I would hazard a guess that it will 'just work.' - with the usual modbus caveat of offsetting the register value.

I've not had any issue with CLICK DF and Modbus (except that time that AdvancedHMI had issues at the end of the DF range.)
        Someone else may come by and enlighten us.

Comment

Using the Send and Receive instructions the lengths are calculated by the Address Datatype, DF and DD are 32-bits. Sending two DF registers will write four Modbus registers.

Comment

Working...
          X