Modbus Through Router - Stride MQTT Gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modbus Through Router - Stride MQTT Gateway

I have a unique network at my farm. We have wireless backhauls that connect different sites. The backhaul network is 10.0.0.1/24. Each site has a router. Behind the routers are several subnets. One of those subnets is a PLC subnet. So my network looks like this:

INTERNET --> ROUTER 0 --> BACKHAUL NETWORK (10.0.0.1/24) -->

Antennas and switches that make up the backhaul network... then "site routers"

Site Router 1
    WAN 10.0.0.20
    MGT LAN 10.20.1.1/24
    DATA LAN 10.20.2.1/24
    PLC LAN 10.20.6.1/24

Many of these sites have PLCs behind them. I set up my Stride MQTT Gateway to "sit" on the backhaul network @ 10.0.0.99

I then set up my channels in the MQTT Gateway to connect to the PLCs behind those site routers through Modbus TCP. The site routers are "busted" wide open meaning I've got my rules to pass through traffic. Router 0 has all the necessary route table entries to direct traffic to the PLCs when needed. For example in Router 0 I have a route that says Destination 10.20.6.0/24 Next hop 10.0.0.20. This works great. For all my programs and HMIs. However My MQTT Gateway breaks connection. The only way I can get the MQTT gateway to work is when the gateway is on the same subnet. Does anyone have any clues as to why this is happening? My first guess in NAT policies maybe?
Working...
X