H2-ecom100 error led

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2-ecom100 error led

I have a DL02-260 PLC with an H2-ECOM100 card located in a backhoe. A WI-FI link connects it to our plant network.

During the development phase I used my laptop to program and monitor the PLC without any problems. Occasional Directsoft errors, but always recoverable.

After the system was functioning an application on the server was developed that reads data from the PLC using a provided driver. Since then the H2-ECOM100 card locks up constantly, sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after 24 hours, always requiring a PLC power cycle. Red ERROR LED is always on when this happens. The same server application reads data from 9 other hardwired PLC's without trouble. The PLC continues to function as programmed (as expected). When the link is functioning DirectSoft & the server system coexist, although lockups seem to happen more often.

1. Is there anyway to re-initialize the ECOM without cycling PLC power?
    2. Any way to read what the error might be?
    3. Any other thoughts?

I am tempted to put in a relay to cycle PLC power when the fault occurs, but there is no way to detect that there is a problem so can't determine if a reboot is needed.
    Last edited by bartb102; 01-14-2011, 12:47 PM.

Originally posted by bartb102 View Post
    1. Is there anyway to re-initialize the ECOM without cycling PLC power?
    2. Any way to read what the error might be?
    3. Any other thoughts?

I am tempted to put in a relay to cycle PLC power when the fault occurs, but there is no way to detect that there is a problem so can't determine if a reboot is needed.
    The red ERROR light is a fatal fault. There is no way to reset it except a power cycle, because when the red light comes on, this means the firmware has run off in the weeds, so how could it respond to a command to reset? There is also no signal on the backplane to wiggle from ladders to reset it.

Here are some things that can cause the red ERROR light to come on:

http://www.hosteng.com/FAQFiles/ECOM.htm#FAQ0045
    Greg Kiser
    Hos Engineering, Inc.
    support@hosteng.com
    http://forum.hosteng.com
    This isn't all true.

Comment

Working...
    X