Rs485 - dl-06plc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rs485 - dl-06plc

I am using a UART 9 pin serial card (Supplied by ST LAB's, Part no. 2S1P I/O - This is a RS485 card). Could anyone please supply me with a complete cable pinout from the PLC (PLC Direct PLC Type DL-06, Comm 2, 15pin, setup for modbus only and two wire RS485)to the ST card(D-Type plug, 9 pin), using RS485 comms, +/- 50m long. I am connecting the PLC to Wonderware - InTouch and using the modbus serial server as supplied by Wonderware. I have no problems with the RS232, but the distance is to great, so I need to use RS485 (ST LAB Card).
    I know this sounds simple, but I am really finding it difficult to find this information!
    Thank you.
    Last edited by janhuisman; 05-09-2011, 08:03 AM.

The serial port on the PC side looks like a standard serial port. How are you getting RS485? You may need an RS232 to RS485 adapter.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Low Cost RS-485

One of the lowest cost RS-232 to RS-485 adapters can be found
      at http://www.rs485.com/

There is also some interesting information on using RS-485 and the schematics of the different products is usually on the web site as well.

I think that AD also has converters as well.
      But, bcarlton is correct, the 9 pin DB9 connector is likely RS-232.

Comment

The ST LAB card is a RS485 card, I need only the RS485 cable pinouts between the two, PLC and computer side

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by janhuisman View Post
          The ST LAB card is a RS485 card, I need only the RS485 cable pinouts between the two, PLC and computer side

Thank you
          Ah Ha, I see your problem. I looked up that card, downloaded the manual, and there were no pinout diagrams of the ports. You might have to talk to them about that.

Here's a link to Appendix K of the DL06 user manual with the connector pinouts on page 5.

http://www.automationdirect.com/stat...serm/appxk.pdf

Good luck,
          Bob

Comment

Working...
          X