DL06 Port2 Communication Stops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DL06 Port2 Communication Stops

On My DL06 in am reading a balance scale with no problem into Port 2.
    We need to switch between two scales so I use an A/B switch for DB9 connectors.

When I switch between scales, sometimes the communication stops. My soft-PID control stops too.

I need to either find why it does it or I need a way to automatically halt and start the PLC. When it does stop ....all I do to fix it is Halt then set back to RUN..(PLC)

It depends on how you are reading the scales. You must provide an input which signals to stop reading and clear the input buffers. After that you can switch the scales then release the input which gives permission to begin reading again.

More information on the methods and protocol being used would help.
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

What form of communication are you using (rs232?) can you use rs485?. It would a good idea to use rs485 to communicate with the two scales.

Comment

I am using RS232 into port2. It is strange, I used it today and when I switched it the PID Loop would not function although it shows Aouto mode. I have to halt the processor and restart it.

Comment

It sounds like control registers are overlapping somehow - cross affecting each other.
          thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Working...
          X