P3000 to GS2 using RS232 modbus and FA-ISOCON

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P3000 to GS2 using RS232 modbus and FA-ISOCON

Trying to MRX/MWX a bank of GS2s through an FA-ISOCON using the P3-550 RS232 port. The FA-ISOCON is being used on the RS232 port to provide isolation between the PAC and the drives.

I have done this using a DL06 and was hoping to port my logic from that application to the P3-550. So far, so good, except I'm stuck figuring the modbus address to use in the MRX instruction.

For my test, I am trying to read the firmware version from the GS2 at modbus 48465 decimal but I am getting an illegal address exception response.

I suspect that I am improperly forming the modbus address in the MRX instruction but am at a loss as to where to find more information or examples.

Any suggestions?

(see screenshot here: http://i44.tinypic.com/fvfiv8.jpg)
    Last edited by ICS; 12-11-2011, 12:23 PM. Reason: Change msg icon to Solved!

Try using the address 8465 instead of 48465. The instruction itself provides the '4'
    thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Solved!

Now i feel stupid. Worked like a charm. That's what you get for trying to think late night. I'll use the excuse that the MRX dialog +400,000 not +40,000 threw me...

Thanks for the weekend response, saves some face not making a Monday morning call to support! Now that I'm walking, time to see about running...

Comment

Working...
      X