No announcement yet.

I am Brand new to PLC's trying to write a timing loop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, I figured it out somewhat (searching these forums, thanks), so just gonna document it here:
    I used the >=Contact and assigned it DF1 which is assigned to AD1V (using CPU I/O Setup), then set value to 1.25.
    weird thing is it seems to open and close the y003 contact correctly (closes at above 1.25), but the DF is displaying about 30 not 1.25. Not sure why that is. also when I put a timer in there after it ceases to function.

i am just thinking aloud, I will update my progress.

edit: looks like you both replied as i was writing this. I will see if I can figure out what you are telling me, i really appreciate the input.

do they make a programming manual for the click plc's? I only see the users manual available which really doesn't go into programming. If not is this a basic programming language? is there something online that would help me solve these programming questions on my own? I find if I muscle through stuff on my own, i learn better and when I do need help, I can ask a better question making it easier on those helping me.
    Last edited by RPosty; 05-16-2016, 02:34 PM.

Comment

I tried to post something later, and at the time i hit the [post reply] button, i noticed a smilie. So bye for 8 minutes.....

Comment

Originally posted by RPosty View Post
        Ok, I figured it out somewhat (searching these forums, thanks), so just gonna document it here:
        I used the >=Contact and assigned it DF1 which is assigned to AD1V (using CPU I/O Setup), then set value to 1.25.
        weird thing is it seems to open and close the y003 contact correctly (closes at above 1.25), but the DF is displaying about 30 not 1.25. Not sure why that is. also when I put a timer in there after it ceases to function.

i am just thinking aloud, I will update my progress.
        But I am here now.
        Post ADV1 scale config and code -- if you get stuck

Comment

Thanks Kewakl, that steered me right. I changed the scale from 100-0 to 5.0-0 and now it reads exactly like the Yaskawa VFD, 1.25a is 1.25v which is 1.25 in the DF Register (DF1). now to figure out how to set up a cycling timer that turns an output on and off continuously while DF1 is above 1.4. I think I maybe able to reverse engineer the cycle program bcarlton posted.

edit: yep. bcarlton's project helped me. new question:

What I am trying to do is cycle a solenoid more often when current starts to rise (motor stalling requiring more lube). When I make y002 the output to both routines, it gives me a warning for it when I do a syntax check. Do I ignore the syntax error or do I need to have two outputs controlling the same solenoid? currently I have y002 set up to open for .5 seconds and close once every 5 seconds. what I want is to increase it to open for .25 seconds and close once every second for a period of 10 seconds then back to normal cycle. I think I have the timers set up right, it just warns me because two different timing cycles are controling the same output. I may just set it up to drive y003 and hook both to same solenoid. I think I will be adding an opto 22 between it and the solenoids to take the load off the contacts.

in retrospect, I am thinking maybe I should of went with solid state as opposed to reed relays feeding opto devices to protect the PLC.
          Last edited by RPosty; 05-16-2016, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Thanks Kewakl, that steered me right. I changed the scale from 100-0 to 5.0-0 and now it reads exactly like the Yaskawa VFD, 1.25a is 1.25v which is 1.25 in the DF Register (DF1). now to figure out how to set up a cycling timer that turns an output on and off continuously while DF1 is above 1.4. I think I maybe able to reverse engineer the cycle program bcarlton posted.
            Try SC5. 100 mS clock signal.

Comment

edit: yep. bcarlton's project helped me. new question:

What I am trying to do is cycle a solenoid more often when current starts to rise (motor stalling requiring more lube). When I make y002 the output to both routines, it gives me a warning for it when I do a syntax check. Do I ignore the syntax error or do I need to have two outputs controlling the same solenoid? currently I have y002 set up to open for .5 seconds and close once every 5 seconds. what I want is to increase it to open for .25 seconds and close once every second for a period of 10 seconds then back to normal cycle. I think I have the timers set up right, it just warns me because two different timing cycles are controling the same output. I may just set it up to drive y003 and hook both to same solenoid. I think I will be adding an opto 22 between it and the solenoids to take the load off the contacts.

in retrospect, I am thinking maybe I should of went with solid state as opposed to reed relays feeding opto devices to protect the PLC.
              Make the two timing cycles control a bit (c). Let the bit control the output.

Comment

Working...
              X