Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Start/stop agitator throughout the day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • Start/stop agitator throughout the day

    VERY new to plc's so help me out!

    Recently purchased a click plc. I want to send a output command to a vfd to start and stop an agitator, 3 times a day (8am, 12pm, 4pm), and it will run for 10 minutes each time.

    How do I initiate the output signal? I'm assuming I can run a timer for the duration. Once the time runs out, have the contact open? Also, I'm assuming I need to have 3 different instances?

    Thanks in advanced!


  • #2
    Originally posted by Scarbone3 View Post
    VERY new to plc's so help me out!

    Recently purchased a click plc. I want to send a output command to a vfd to start and stop an agitator, 3 times a day (8am, 12pm, 4pm), and it will run for 10 minutes each time.
    7 days a week, 5 days a week?


    Originally posted by Scarbone3 View Post
    and it will run for 10 minutes each time.
    What do you want to happen if the PLC is powered off and then powers up at 8:02am?


    Originally posted by Scarbone3 View Post
    I'm assuming I can run a timer for the duration. !
    What do you want to happen if the PLC is powered down 2 minutes after it just started the agitator?

    Is there any possibility the agitate time would cross over midnight, or cross over midnight at the end of a week?

    Futti Utu

    Comment



    • #3
      If you have a Click model that has the real time clock I would do as follows. This is for Mon - Fri and runs for the first 10 min of each hour specified. If turned on after the hour has started it will only run for the remainder of the time.

      Click image for larger version

Name:	forum.JPG
Views:	15
Size:	89.7 KB
ID:	100957

      Comment



      • #4
        Thanks so much guys!

        PSeries_Eng I'm going to try that tomorrow. I'll let you know. It looks pretty straight forward, but I'm sure I'll have some questions!

        Comment



        • #5
          Originally posted by PSeries_Eng View Post
          If you have a Click model that has the real time clock I would do as follows. This is for Mon - Fri and runs for the first 10 min of each hour specified. If turned on after the hour has started it will only run for the remainder of the time.

          [ATTACH=CONFIG]n100957[/ATTACH]
          PSeries_Eng Your program got me what I needed and my motor is running when it needs to. Thanks for all your help!

          Comment

          Working...
          X